Sunday, June 9, 2013

Megadeth's Dave Mustaine vs. Men's Wearhouse

I'll start out this blog post with a disclosure: I have numerous articles of clothing in my wardrobe that I purchased at Men's Wearhouse (probably not surprising) -- and I have several Megadeth albums in my collection (possibly surprising). Earlier this year Megadeth's Dave Mustaine had a dispute with Men's Wearhouse (see the Anderson Cooper RidicuList segment above).

In trying to figure out why this story was such a big deal, I think that it's probably because no one would expect the singer behind "Super Collider" to be shopping at Men's Wearhouse.

I remember when I saw a hard rock band, Hericane Alice, perform at Riverfest in St. Paul. Hericane Alice was an act on a smaller stage early in the day. They wore leather chaps, had attitude and swore. After their show, my cousin and I were walking around the midway carnival area, and I saw the Hericane Alice lead singer! He surprised me, though -- he was wearing a T-shirt and jeans while pushing a baby in a stroller. I guess that rockers go through everyday aspects of life, too.

So it is with Mustaine. He can shop at stores just like the rest of us -- even it is Men's Wearhouse. And he can use his Facebook page to rant if he wants.

P.S. I thought that Mustaine would get pissed at Cooper for his story. Kudos to Mustaine for taking the high road -- see his tweet below. Dave Mustaine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...